Advantage Media Group has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Finance with expertise and experience in corporate accounting in an entrepreneurial environment. The Director of Finance position is responsible for assisting the VP of Finance by establishing financial guidelines, procedures, internal controls and reporting systems. This position assists in ensuring any legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. The Director of Finance also oversees day to day finance operations, including managing/reviewing general accounting, accounts receivable/accounts payable and payroll.
A Director of Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge to all accounting, financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who enhance quality of the financial data, manage and/or revamp the work of fellow team members, and are passionate about working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. The goal is to assist in guiding the company towards profitability, sustainability and long-term success.
The essential outcomes expected of this individual are:
- Provide world-class service and hospitality through all interactions with members, team members and vendors on behalf of the company.
- Helps improve and establish new processes to facilitate efficient monitoring and enforcement of accounting guidelines.
- Retaining constant awareness of the company’s financial position and regularly communicate and review with VP of Finance to increase proactivity and response time to new ideas or pop-up challenges.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements by researching existing and new legislation, consulting with outside advisors where approved by VP, and providing financial reports for both VP and other required parties throughout the organization. Advises management of actions and potential risks.
- Works with VP to facilitate annual audit process.
- Ability to have audit conversations, lead by example, provide training as necessary to Staff Accountants.
- Manages budget and controls expenses effectively, working closely with department heads to ensure understanding and process.
- Assist in hiring, training, developing and appraising staff effectively. Recommends corrective action to VP as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
- Committed to lifelong learning in order to provide useful insights for business decisions. Is aware of important information in our industry or accounting practices in general to continuously drive efficiencies in a high growth, fast-paced environment.
Preferred Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum of 15 years of Finance and/or Accounting in a medium company with a strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Deep understanding and ability to utilize QuickBooks and Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- Must have a PASSION for finance and accounting.
- Proven experience as a Director of Finance or similar role in a high growth organization.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance or related field or equivalent work experience.
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
- Must be EXTREMELY detail oriented, able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be resourceful and able to overcome obstacles on his/her own.
- Flexibility to change and adapt to new processes, with a problem-solving mindset.
- Salesforce and Workfront experience a plus.
Advantage is an entrepreneurial, high growth company with opportunity for advancement and lots of upward mobility. Professional development programs offered. We offer great Vacation/PTO benefits, a great Medical/Dental program, 401(k) program with company contribution and other nice perks. We highly value and respect our Team Members.
Positions are in our Charleston, SC office. Team Members are eligible for benefits package after a 3-month review.